Learn, Share, Collaborate and Network
Working Futures Spring 2023
- It’s time to reshape our thinking. Connect and collaborate with your peers to reshape your organisation and our industry.
- There’s no going back to what life or the workplace was like before 2020. But from our conversations with you, it’s clear that few of you want to return, or revert, to how we used to do things. And why would you? In 2020, we learnt how to solve problems faster than we’d ever believed possible, how to simplify decision making, and how to tap into talent in more creative ways.
- 2021 proved that we can not only survive but also thrive, amidst the pressures of unprecedented logistical and psychological challenges.
- Now, we all have an exciting opportunity to step back, reflect and identify exactly where we are before we can move forward.
- But there’s no future in continuing to use 20th Century thinking to solve 21st century problems. It’s time to adapt and evolve, and to embrace the opportunities this crisis has presented.
- How can we support each other in creating a workplace that better serves our people, our customers, our communities and the environment?
Attendance is by invitation only and is only open to:
- CHRO’s, HR Directors, People Directors, L&D Directors and Employee Benefits Directors
- Senior HR Professionals that are looking to challenge and debate how the people function must change
- Directors with more than 1,000 employees who control significant budgets
- Directors who want to push the debate and form new business strategies
Keynote Speaker | John Amaechi OBE
There are many things to tell you about John. There’s all the usual
bio stuff: Professor John Amaechi OBE is a respected organisational
psychologist, an award-winning, international (Sunday and New York
Times) best-selling author, a sought-after public speaker, an executive
coach and the Founder of APS Intelligence Ltd.
He is a non-executive director of a FTSE 250 company, was a 10-
year director of the UK’s largest healthcare organisation and a board
adviser for several FTSE 100 organisations in the financial, legal and
professional services, technology, publishing, engineering and retail
John grew up in Stockport, near Manchester, and left for America
alone at the age of 18 to pursue his ambition to become the first
Briton to have a career in the NBA. Just six years after picking up a
basketball, he achieved that goal becoming the only undrafted player
in NBA history to ‘start’ at the beginning of his first season.
Since his retirement from sport, John has continued to learn and
teach. He is a Professor of Leadership (HC) at the University of Exeter
Business School, a Chartered Scientist, a Chartered Fellow of the
CIPD and an Elected Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health and
the Association of Business Psychologists. He is a Research Fellow at
the University of East London; his research interests include effective,
inclusive leadership, building high-performing teams and effective
organisational design that maximises productivity and human thriving
in readiness for the future world of work.
John has been recognised as one of HR’s most influential thinkers by
HR Magazine and was inducted into HR magazine’s Hall of Fame in
2022. He is a LinkedIn influencer and has been a LinkedIn Top Voice